Ginger-glazed rack of pork
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 1-1/2 hours
Standing time: 5 minutes
Yields 6 portions
- 1/2 cup Ginger Jam
- 1 tsp thinly sliced pickled ginger or
- 1 tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 tsp vegetable or sesame oil
- 1 - 2 tbsp chopped fresh thyme leaves or 1-1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 2-1/2 - 3 lbs (1.25 - 1.50 kg) rack of pork
In a small bowl, combine Ginger Jam, oil and thyme. Mix well.
Place the pork, ribs down, in a shallow baking pan.
Using a spoon, cover top and sides of roast with sauce.
Pour 1 cup hot water in bottom of pan.
Roast, uncovered, on center rack of oven preheated to 325°F
until meat thermometer indicates an internal temperature of 150°F.
Place roast on cutting board and let stand 5 minutes before carving.